The Administration Department is implementing the functions regarding overall management works to supervise the whole organization under the guidance of Managing Director and General Manager .The main functions are as follows:-
• Reporting of daily,weekly,monthly ,quarterly and yearly reports of performance achieved by IWT to the Ministry of Transport and other higher authorities concerned and other special reports of performance occasionally to the Ministry of transport .
• Personnel works relating to appointment,removal,retirement of officials , reports of manpower statistics of the whole organization, various trainings for local and abroad.
• Maintenance of Network, programming, and trainings for computer operation related
• to the E-government works of IWT and implementation of computerized statistics management.
• Procurement and distribution of fuel, stores, equipment, stationery, tickets, linen and other stores for the whole organization.
• Procurement, clearance and distribution of imported equipment from foreign countries.
• Maintenance of motor vehicles
• Supervision and implementation of civil engineering.
• Medical care for staff and workers of headquarters and dockyards
The following divisions under the Administration Department are responsible to carry out all functions mentioned above. .
(b). Civil engineering
(2) Supply Division